Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mirrors

One highlight of this week...
I wanted to do something tangible for the ladies before other teams come and things get a little crazier. My teammate had the idea to buy them each a mirror, write a verse on them, and give them to the women. 
We decorated the small mirrors with their names, the words "you are beautiful", and Ephesians 2:10 which says, "For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
We tried to explain through stories that they have a purpose and God has made them specially to fulfill these things. 


They were really grateful, and I hope they treasure these mirrors forever and that they feel valued. I know I am only one of the many that comes here to work with them, but it is awesome to think that all our efforts put together make a difference in their life.




Second highlight:
There is a lady who has a shop buy the beach who the three of us have become very close two and enjoy visiting frequently. She is precious; a great mother and friend. She does not know when her birthday is. So... we decided that it was going to be June 7th!
We bought her a cake, present, and went to surprise! I don't think any of us can describe how much fun this was. She always laughs a lot, but this laughter was mixed with tears and joy. Her family was also there, so the kids loved it. And her husband does not usually say much but he too also looked overjoyed. 
So much fun, partayyy!!
Thankful to be here with great people that would do such an awesome thing. 

2 comments:

  1. Such a good idea with the mirrors bre! I'll have to see if I can do something like that with my ladies when i get to mumbai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bre,

    Great blog post. So I have to tell you the morning I spoke at the church in Delhi I shared the same verse with them. You can't help but be reminded of that when you are around them. I'm so glad you are enjoying your time there and ministering to those ladies. Looking forward to your next post. :)

    ReplyDelete